We are delighted to announce that West Dorset Leisure Holidays have won the Bridport Business Award for ‘Best Community Involvement’. This category was sponsored by Watershed PR.
Considering this year was the first time the awards had run, the number of entries was 30% higher than expected. All entries were independently graded by a secret shopper. The standard of entries was extremely high, which made judging somewhat difficult. In the case of the Business of the Year category, two winners had to be picked (one of which was West Dorset Leisure Holidays), because the scores were exactly the same!
Stephen presented the award to James Cox, General Manager at West Dorset Leisure Holidays. The company also won the Local Restaurant / Caterer of the Year category for Martin’s Bar and Restaurant.
The winners of other categories were:
- Best Window Display, sponsored by Wessex FM – Naturalife
- Best Layout and Product Range, sponsored by DTHR Solutions – Washingpool Farm Shop
- Best Community Involvement, sponsored by Watershed PR – West Dorset Leisure Holidays
- Most Welcoming Business, sponsored by Higos Insurance Services – Parkers Property
- Most Welcoming Telephone Manner, sponsored by Gavin Dixon Finance Solutions – The Station Kitchen
- Best Customer Service, sponsored by IT Support 365 – R J Balson and Son
- New Business of the Year, sponsored by St. Michael’s Trading Estate – James Loveridge Photography
- Retail Business of the Year, sponsored by Bridport Business Chamber – Colmers Hill Fashion
- Service Provider of the Year, sponsored by Poundbury Wealth Management – Veritas Resolution
- Business of the Year – West Dorset Leisure Holidays and Colmers Hill Fashion (joint winners)
We look forward to the awards next year and encourage any interested local businesses to take part.